Ingredients for the Turkish Stew Recipe (Yahni)
- 800 gr of lean beef
- 400 gr of shallots
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
You can leave the shallots in warm water and peel them. To prevent onions and garlic from spreading, continue cooking on low heat, without mixing too much.
Advice to Make The Turkish Stew Recipe (Yahni)
- Garlic and bay leaf (rosemary according to desire) will add a separate aroma to the Turkish stew (Yahni).
- You can also add root vegetables such as potatoes and carrots to the stew according to your wishes.
- You can prepare the stew in a pressure cooker in less time by adding all the ingredients raw.
How to Make The Turkish Stew Recipe (Yahni) ?
- Wash lean cubed meat in plenty of water and dry them with a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pot. Take the cubed meat and cook it on high heat until it absorbs all its own juice.
- Add enough hot water to submerge the meat and continue cooking on medium heat in the pot where you leave the lid open.
- Peel the shallots and garlic and leave them whole.
- Add tomato paste, shallots, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and bay leaf to the softened meat and start mixing.
- Add enough hot water to pass over one finger thick and continue cooking on low heat. Add butter occasionally to give it a consistency and flavor.
- Keep cooking until the onions and garlic soften.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Serving Recommendation For The Turkish Stew Recipe (Yahni)
You can make your meal perfect by serving rice with it.