- 4 pieces potato
- 1 piece carrot
- 250 grams beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 branches fresh thyme
- 1 piece onion
- 2 pieces tomato
- 1 cup of water
The Key to Potato Stew Recipe (Patatesli Yahni)
If you wish, you can marinate the meat with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 sprig of thyme the night before.
You can cook it in a 200 degree oven for 30-35 minutes in a casserole.
How to Make Potato Stew Recipe (Patatesli Yahni)?
- Chop the onion in cubes.
- Melt the butter and fry the onions.
- When the onions turn pink, add the meat and continue roasting with a wooden spoon until the meat is well cooked.
- Add tomato and pepper paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and carrots cut in the same size as the meat.
- Add the tomato paste, black pepper and salt.
- Pour the hot water last and close the lid of the pot.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender.
- That’s it, bon appetit!