Maklube is one of the Arabs’ favorite rice dishes. It has been done in Turkish cuisine for a long time.
It is easy to make, very elegant and very satisfying to eat. We absolutely recommend you try it
Maklube recipe ingredients:
- 400 gr cubed beef meat
- 1 medium onion
- Half a tea glass of olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium eggplants
- 500 gr rice
- Salt, pepper
- Hot enough water to get on it
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Olive oil for frying vegetables
How to Make a Maklube?
- Roast the meat in a hot pot and add enough hot water to reach 2 fingers.
- Add salt and let it boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Strain the broth into a separate container.
- Wash the rice 2 times and let it soak in hot water.
- Slice the vegetables round and fry.
- Roast the tomatoes very little.
- Add half a tea glass of olive oil and a half moon chopped onion to a flat, high pot, and sauté gently.
- Add the boiled meat and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables (fried tomatoes and eggplant) to the meat and onions.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in between.
- Strain the soaked rice, and pour over the vegetables.
- Add butter, piecemeal.
- Finally, sprinkle a little more salt, add enough broth to the top and take it to the stove.
- After it starts to boil, cook it until the water shrinks and the rice absorbs it.
- Once cooked, gently mix the rice with a fork.
- After the water is gone, close the pot and let it rest for half an hour.
- Turn it over to a flat serving dish.
- Garnish with the roasted almonds and finely chopped parsley and serve.
- Enjoy your Maklube 🙂