Ingredients for Iskender Kebab Recipe
For tomato sauce:
- 250 grams of tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
For minced meat:
- 600 grams of ground beef (taken from beef brisket)
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 pita bread
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of water (broth according to desire)
- 8 tablespoons of thick yogurt
How to Make İskender Kebab Recipe?
- Grate the onion and squeeze the juice to use in the doner making.
- Combine ground beef, onion juice, yogurt, olive oil, thyme, allspice, pepper and salt in a large mixing bowl and knead gently.
- Put a stretch film or greaseproof paper on the kitchen counter. Shape the minced meat into a long rectangle. Its short edges should not exceed 10 cm.
- Wrap the edges and cover the top with stretch film or greaseproof paper. To be marinated, keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour, then put it in the freezer, leave it for 8-10 hours.
- Take the meat doner out of the freezer and put it on the kitchen counter. Grasp the middle part and slice it thinly in proportion to the number of people. Make sure that the slices of meat are thin.
- Put it in a preheated pan with a non-flammable non-stick sole.
- For tomato sauce; Heat the olive oil and butter in a small saucepan. Add the pepper paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- After adding tomato puree, water and powdered sugar, cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Put the pita bread in the preheated oven for a couple of minutes, and then cut it into cubes.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan. Add water and mix. Put the pita cubes and stir until they drain.
- Put the pitas flavored with butter into the serving dish. Put some tomato sauce on it and place the meat slices.
- Serve the Iskender kebab hot without waiting with the addition of tomato sauce and whipped yogurt.