Ingredients for Chickpea Rice Recipe
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (pre-soaked overnight)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt (can be reduced or increased)
- 2-3 drops of vinegar
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of oil
The Key to Chickpea Rice Recipe
Do not boil chickpeas and spoil their shape.
How to Make Chickpea Rice Recipe?
- Soak the chickpeas in advance. Before starting with rice, cook for 10 minutes in cumin and salt water in a pressure cooker (10 minutes after the whistle comes out).
- If you are not using a pressure cooker, start cooking chickpeas long before you start cooking the rice.
- Wash the rice and soak it in the water in which you drip 1-2 drops of lemon for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the rice, melt the butter in the pan, add the oil.
- Add your rice and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- After roasting the rice, add the boiling water. Add salt, sugar and vinegar and mix as follows. Turn the heat down and close the lid.
- Meanwhile, strain chickpeas, set aside.
- When the rice absorbs the water, remove it from the stove, put a towel on it, close the lid and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- At the end, you can either mix the chickpeas with the rice completely, or serve the chickpeas by putting them on the rice.
Serving Proposal of Chickpea Rice Recipe
You can serve it with chopped parsley, finely cut spring onions or red onions.