After a temporary breakthrough in controlling the outbreak of the Coronavirus in the Middle East, the “Indian boom” of the Coronavirus brought fears back to the fore by tightening precautionary measures in many countries.
Recently, several countries have observed a remarkable rise in the number of Indian coronavirus infections, most notably in Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, the Sultanate of Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait.
Despite the expansion of the governments of those countries in vaccinating their citizens with the anti-Coronavirus vaccine, some of them have again imposed strict restrictions on movement and travel to limit the spread of the new mutation of the virus.
The Tunisian Ministry of Health announced in a statement on Wednesday that it had detected 6 cases of the “Indian” coronavirus, coinciding with the rapid spread of the virus in the country.
A week ago, Tunisia re-imposed several restrictions following the outbreak of the Coronavirus, most notably the announcement of a comprehensive quarantine, the closure of states, and the establishment of isolation centers in the governorates that witnessed an increase in the number of infections.
And on Tuesday, Minister of Health Fawzi al-Mahdi described in a press conference what his country is witnessing of a rise in Corona injuries as a “setback” due to the negligence in implementing precautionary measures.
As of Thursday evening, Tunisia had recorded 395,362 cases of coronavirus, including 14,406 deaths, and 342,598 cases of recovery in a country with a population of about 11 million and 700 thousand people.
The Saudi Ministry of Health announced in a statement on Tuesday that 1,487 cases of coronavirus had been recorded, a sudden rise in the infection index of 18 percent compared to the previous day.
And this June, the Saudi authorities reported in a press conference that “the performance of the Hajj for the current year is limited to 60,000 pilgrims from within the Kingdom due to the changes in the Coronavirus in the world.”
As of Thursday evening, Saudi Arabia had recorded a total of 479,390 cases of the virus, including 7,730 deaths, and 460,338 cases of recovery.
Sultanate of Oman
The Omani Minister of Health, Ahmed Al-Saidi, said in a statement to the official news agency in his country on Thursday that “the wave of Corona that the Sultanate is going through is, unfortunately, the worst and most persistent.”
A week ago, the Omani authorities announced, in a statement, the imposition of a partial curfew extending 8 hours a day to limit the spread of the Coronavirus.
The statement stated that “the partial curfew will extend from 8 pm (16:00 GMT) until 4 am (00:00 GMT), starting from the evening of Sunday, June 20, until further notice.”
Recently, the Sultanate recorded a remarkable escalation in the rate of infection with the Coronavirus, as it had detected a total of 256 thousand and 542 cases of the virus until Thursday, including 2848 deaths and 224 thousand and 77 cases of recovery.
Last May, the Bahraini authorities re-imposed restrictions on commercial and sporting activities.
In addition to closing schools, events, and celebrations to limit the spread of the Coronavirus.
As of Thursday, Bahrain had recorded a total of 264,405 cases of the virus, including 1,334 deaths, and 257,757 recoveries.
On Wednesday, the Kuwaiti authorities announced the use of army forces to implement ministerial decisions limiting entry to commercial complexes, restaurants, and cafes to those who received the Corona vaccine, and the groups exempted from receiving the vaccine.
Deputy Chairman of the Health Requirements Follow-up Committee in Kuwait Ahmed Al-Manfouhi said in a press statement that the use of military equipment will start from next Sunday throughout the country.
This comes 10 days after the Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced the emergence of infections with the “Indian” Coronavirus for the first time in the country.
Recently, Kuwait witnessed a noticeable increase in the number of coronavirus infections.
As of Thursday, it recorded a total of 346,560 cases of the virus, including 1903 deaths, and 326,102 recoveries.
As of Friday morning, the number of people infected with Corona in the world exceeded 180 million and 807 thousand, of whom more than 3 million and 917 thousand died, and more than 165 million and 449 thousand have recovered, according to the “Worldometer” website.