The Israeli occupation army injures a young man and arrests 12 others


A Palestinian youth was wounded by live ammunition, and 12 others were arrested on Wednesday during a raid and search operation.

It was carried out by the Israeli occupation army in two areas in the northern occupied West Bank.


Musa Hamayel, deputy mayor of Beita, south of Nablus (north), said that large Israeli forces stormed the town at 2:00 before dawn.

It launched a massive campaign of arrests, targeting 13 young men, before releasing two of them later.

Hamayel confirmed that among the detainees were 3 young men who were injured in the confrontations on “Sabih” mountain.

Among them is a young man who was previously hit in the head and needs to continue treatment, and two were shot in the legs, and they use crutches to walk.

He added, that the storming of the town continued until 4:30, and then the Israeli army withdrew and set up a checkpoint at the main entrance to the country.

Quoting local sources, the number of detainees since the beginning of the events of Mount Sobeih in the town of Beita has reached 26 detainees in Israeli prisons.


“Beta” witnesses almost daily protests against the establishment of the outpost of “Avitar” on “Jabal Sabih”.

In recent weeks, 4 Palestinians from the same town of “Beta” were martyred, and dozens were wounded, most of them with live bullets in confrontations with the occupation forces.

Also in the northern West Bank, the director of the Prisoners Club in Tubas, Kamal Bani Odeh, told the official Palestinian agency “Wafa” that a young man was shot in the left foot by a live bullet.

He was subsequently taken to the hospital and another was arrested during clashes that broke out between the Israeli army and youths following the storming of the Fara’a refugee camp, south of Tubas.

Israel holds about 5,300 Palestinians in its prisons, including 40 female prisoners and 250 children, and about 520 administrative detainees, according to institutions specializing in prisoners’ affairs.