The Turkish Ministry of Health has taken new preventive decisions for restaurants based on recommendations from the Scientific Committee.
The Ministry has published, through its website, a number of measures that all restaurants must take:
- The distance between the seating places must be not less than one meter.
- Windows must be opened in rooms and enclosed spaces during daily routine cleaning, and ventilated for at least one hour after cleaning.
- Particular attention should be paid to cleaning surfaces that are frequently touched by hands, especially door handles, batteries, stairs, telephone, toilet, and washbasin in public places.
- Restaurant staff should clean and wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, and use alcohol-based disinfectants in the absence of soap and water.
- People with any signs of respiratory infection (fever, cough, respiratory distress, etc.) do not work until their complaint is resolved.
- People who deal with the personal belongings of guests will wash their hands immediately after these procedures or they will clean hands with alcohol-based materials.