Ingredients for Turkish Stuffed Peppers Recipe (Dolma)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons of pistachios
- 1.5 cups of rice
- 10 medium bell pepper
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 medium tomato (for the topping)
- 1 tablespoon of currants
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
How to make the Turkish Stuffed Peppers Recipe (Dolma)?
- Put half a glass of olive oil in a large rice pot and roast together with 2 chopped onions until it turns pink.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pistachios and continue roasting.
- After the pistachios get the color, add 1.5 cups of washed rice and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of currants, 1 teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of black pepper, half a teaspoon of allspice, half a teaspoon of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of mint and mix for the last time.
- Add 2 cups of hot water, cook for 7-8 minutes with the rice and then remove it from the stove.
- Carve the peppers, and remove their seeds (10-15 pieces of pepper).
- Fill the prepared peppers with the rice you made.
- Arrange the stuffed pepper that you prepared perpendicular to the pot.
- Cover the tops of the peppers with cherry tomatoes that you cut in half.
- Fill the pot halfway with water and pour olive oil over them and close the lid.
- Cook the stuffing for about 30-35 minutes, until the cooking water is over, lower the heat for a couple of minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Bon Appetit!
Serving recommendation of the Turkish Stuffed Peppers Recipe (Dolma)
You can serve it with lemon slices.