Twenty-six families of the residents of the Turkish state of Mush, who have been camping in Diyarbakir for 42 weeks, called on their sons, kidnapped by the terrorist PKK, to defect from the organization and surrender themselves to the security forces.
Since September 3, 2019, families have continued their sit-in in front of the party headquarters, which they accuse of helping the terrorist organization kidnap children and young people to the mountains and deceive them to fight in its ranks against Turkey.
In a statement, Father Muhammad Zaki Bodak said that the terrorist organization kidnapped his son Youssef in 2014 and took him to its camps.
He added that he decided to join the sit-in of the mothers of Diyarbakir to demand the HDP to recover Yusuf from the terrorist organization.
Budak appealed to his son, saying: “My son, go back to the bosom of the homeland, these terrorists deceive you when they tell you that the Turkish security forces will kill you.
Or you will spend the rest of your life in prison, there are dozens who have returned and nothing they tell you has happened.”
For her part, Mother Gul Bahar Tukar said that she is determined to continue the sit-in regardless of the cold winter and summer heat.
She explained that the HDP is responsible for the kidnapping of her son, Muhammad, and that she is asking the party to return him from the hands of the terrorist organization.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has previously expressed his support for the sit-in participants on more than one occasion.
As well as supporting ministers, politicians, artists, journalists, writers, athletes, civic organizations, clerics and individuals from all segments of society.
The sit-in is also supported by the “Srebrenica Mothers’ Association” in Bosnia and Herzegovina, European Parliament Member Tomas Zdechovsky, and ambassadors in Ankara who visited Diyarbakir and met the sit-in.