Çavuşoğlu praises Bosnia and Herzegovina’s support

0
322

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu praised Bosnia and Herzegovina’s support for the victims of the devastating earthquake that struck southern Turkey on February 6.

This came in statements he made on Wednesday during a joint press conference with his Bosnian counterpart, Elmedin Konakovich, after their meeting in the capital, Ankara.

Çavuşoğlu said that immediately after the earthquake, Bosnia and Herzegovina sent 13 search and rescue teams consisting of 234 members.

-Advertisement-



Bosnian rescue teams in the states of Hatay, Kahramanmaraş and Adi Yaman managed to rescue 26 people from under the rubble as of February 12, according to the minister.

He stated that his country has so far received 30 tons of humanitarian aid from Bosnia and Herzegovina, pointing to the launch of official and private Bosnian institutions and organizations to support the afflicted.

He expressed his thanks for the messages of support and solidarity that Bosnia and Herzegovina provided to his country after the earthquake, as well as its assistance to the afflicted.

In another context, Çavuşoğlu said that 36,000 tents have arrived in his country from abroad, and another 51,000 are expected to arrive.

According to Çavuşoğlu, Ankara has also purchased 105,000 tents from other countries.

On February 6, a double earthquake struck southern Turkey and northern Syria, the first measuring 7.7 degrees and the second 7.6 degrees, and hundreds of violent aftershocks, which caused great losses in lives and property in both countries.