Obtaining Turkish citizenship by marriage
Another way to obtain Turkish citizenship is by marrying a Turkish citizen.
You have to keep in mind that in this way, you do not get Turkish citizenship immediately, But after three years of marriage, you can apply for Turkish citizenship.
In this method, when considering the applicant’s application, the following must be considered:
- This marriage must be real and continuous in the family environment.
- This marriage does not harm anyone or anything.
- It should not lead to a breach of national security and public order.
- Foreigners who have provided distinguished services to Turkey in various fields, including cultural, artistic, sports, scientific and other services, can obtain Turkish citizenship at the discretion of the competent authorities.
The process of obtaining Turkish citizenship through investment
- Opening a bank account: The account must be in the name of the investor.
- There are various forms of investment in Turkey: buying real estate, cash deposits……
- Residence permit application: applicants for Turkish citizenship must have a residence permit.
- During this time, people who have obtained a residence permit can be out of Turkey as much as they want.
- Turkish citizenship application: You can apply for Turkish citizenship immediately after obtaining a residence permit.
- You do not have to be in Turkey at the time of obtaining the Turkish citizenship.
The documents necessary to apply for Turkish citizenship through investment
- Application form
- Identity documents of the country in which you are a citizen (passport, personal ID, birth certificate, driving licence, etc).
- four personal photos for each family member in the application (wife/husband and children under the age of 18)
- Residency permit
- If you have a wife and children under the age of 18, the marriage contract and birth certificate must be translated from the consulate.
- Application fees
- Evaluation report
- A payment receipt of $ 250,000.
- The title deed, proving the purchase of the property
Obtaining Turkish citizenship by starting a business in Turkey
Another way to obtain Turkish citizenship is to start a business and invest in Turkey.
If a foreign citizen has employed 5 Turkish citizens for a period of 5 years, then he can apply for Turkish citizenship after 5 years.
It is also possible to obtain Turkish citizenship directly by starting a business in Turkey, and providing 50 job opportunities for Turkish citizens.
Obtaining Turkish citizenship by depositing an amount in a Turkish bank
It is also possible to obtain Turkish citizenship by depositing an amount of 500 thousand dollars in one of the Turkish banks, knowing that this amount cannot be disposed of for three years after the deposit.
The advantages of obtaining Turkish citizenship
- The wife / husband and children under the age of 18 can apply for Turkish citizenship with you.
- When you apply for Turkish citizenship, you will not be required to show your income in your country.
- You do not need to stay in Turkey for a certain period of time to apply for a Turkish passport.
- You can be outside Turkey and apply for Turkish citizenship once you have obtained the residence permit.
The Turkish Passport
With a Turkish passport, you can travel to a lot of countries for 30 to 90 days with no visa required.
Many other countries also issue visas to Turkish citizens when entering the country or electronic visas via the Internet.
The European Union (EU) recently raised the issue of visa-free travel for Turkish citizens to the Schengen states.
Soon, another 26 European countries will be added to the list of 102 countries, which enables Turkish citizens to travel without a visa.
Important questions for obtaining the Turkish citizenship
Is it possible to buy more than one property to reach the limit of 250.000 dollars?
Yes, the applicant can purchase more than one property with a total value of no less than 250,000 dollars.
How can I calculate the exchange rates of the Dollar and the Turkish Lira?
The exchange rate is calculated by the Land Registry Department according to the central bank exchange price on the date of purchasing the property.
How long does it take to obtain Turkish citizenship?
If the documents required to obtain Turkish citizenship are completed, the process of obtaining citizenship takes an average of three months.
Is the previous citizenship revoked after obtaining the Turkish passport?
Turkish law allows dual citizenship, meaning that Turkish citizenship can be obtained as a second nationality while the applicant’s first nationality remains.
Military service for those who obtained Turkish citizenship
Those under the age of 18 must go to military service in Turkey when they reach the specified age.
Should the wife / husband and children be brought to Turkey to obtain citizenship?
During the process of obtaining Turkish citizenship, the applicant’s family members do not need to be in Turkey.
The applicant is sufficient only, and he must bring the documents related to him and his family members.
How many people can be included with the application for Turkish citizenship?
All the applicant and his first degree relatives (husband / wife and children under the age of 18) can apply for Turkish citizenship.
Can I work in Turkey if my application for Turkish citizenship is accepted?
Yes. You can work in Turkey and find suitable opportunities.
Learn about the nature of life in Istanbul …